- Paul Revere Christopher
- Influential labor leader Paul Revere Christopher was born in Easley, South Carolina, the son of Clarence Christopher, a craft unionist. Christopher graduated from high school in 1930 and attended Clem... Continue Reading »
- In its broadest context, "labor" refers to a very diverse set of conditions: slave and free labor; craft and industrial labor; farm and factory labor; and blue, pink, and white collar labor. Because t... Continue Reading »
- Harry Leland Mitchell
- Harry L. Mitchell, one of the founders of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union and president of the National Farm Labor Union, was born near Halls, the son of James Y. Mitchell, a tenant farmer and Bapti... Continue Reading »
- W. Carl Scarbrough
- International president of the United Furniture Workers, W. Carl Scarbrough was born in Henderson, the son of Joseph Scarbrough, a farmer. Scarbrough graduated from Chester County High School in 1952 ... Continue Reading »
- Stanton Everett Smith
- Stanton Everett Smith, local, state, and national officer in the American Federation of Teachers, the Tennessee Federation of Labor, and the Tennessee State Labor Council, was born in Wyoming, Ohio, i... Continue Reading »
Text copyright 1998 by the Tennessee Historical Society, Nashville, Tennessee.
Online Edition © 2002 ~ 2017, The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
Powererd by eCMS from R.Squared Communications