- Dollar General
- Dollar General, whose corporate office is located in Goodlettsville,
Tennessee, has helped shaped twentieth-century retail patterns in
Tennessee and the South since its establishment in 1939.
Dolla... Continue Reading »
- Gibson Guitars
- Headquartered in Nashville, Gibson Guitars has been making high-quality
stringed instruments since 1896. The company has impacted the music
instrument business as well as music culture through its v... Continue Reading »
- Hee Haw Television Show
- Hee Haw was a country-themed television variety show filmed in
Nashville, Tennessee, for over twenty years. The show featured musical
segments and comedy and became a late-twentieth-century cultural... Continue Reading »
- Bobby Jones
- Bobby Jones, an influential late-twentieth-century gospel music artist
and television producer, has played a key role in Nashville’s evolution
as one of the most important gospel music centers... Continue Reading »
- The Porter Wagoner Show
- The Porter Wagoner Show was a syndicated musical variety show filmed in Nashville, Tennessee, from 1961 to 1980. It was one of the longest running, most influential, and most successful country music ... Continue Reading »
- Tennessee Cable Television Networks
- The cable television industry in Tennessee, represented by several different networks, has increased the visibility of the state and positioned it as a culturally relevant and important part of the Am... Continue Reading »
Text copyright 1998 by the Tennessee Historical Society, Nashville, Tennessee.
Online Edition © 2002 ~ 2017, The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
Powererd by eCMS from R.Squared Communications