- Church of God
- With a current worldwide membership approaching three million, this denomination grew from humble beginnings in the mountains of eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. The doctrines of the chur... Continue Reading »
- Church of God of Prophecy
- Headquartered in Cleveland, Tennessee, the Church of God of Prophecy has more than three hundred thousand members worldwide. Its New Testament theology is evangelical in nature, and its worship style ... Continue Reading »
- Mero District
- In 1788 North Carolina established a Superior Court district to serve the Cumberland frontier. The district was named in honor of the Spanish governor of Louisiana, Esteban Rodrigues Miro, who had ser... Continue Reading »
- Tennessee Courts Prior to 1870
- For Tennessee's first hundred years, justices of the peace were the foundation of the state's legal system. These men, often without legal training, served the citizens in their counties by ... Continue Reading »
Text copyright 1998 by the Tennessee Historical Society, Nashville, Tennessee.
Online Edition © 2002 ~ 2017, The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
Powererd by eCMS from R.Squared Communications