Entries that Begin with E
- Ettelson, Harry W.
- Harry W. Ettelson, Rabbi of Temple Israel in Memphis from 1925 to 1954, was born in Lithuania and reared in Mobile, Alabama. Ettelson's diverse scholarly background included a B.A. from the Unive... continue »
- Eva Site
- Located on an ancient bank of the Tennessee River, the Eva site is a prehistoric Native American encampment named after the modern hamlet of Eva in Benton County. University of Tennessee archaeologist... continue »
- Evans Sr., Silliman
- Silliman Evans Sr. was owner and publisher of the Nashville Tennessean from 1937 until his death in 1955. During his years as publisher he also held directorships at American Airlines and Maryland Cas... continue »
- Evans v. McCabe
- The Tennessee Supreme Court decision in Evans v. McCabe (1932) held that the Tennessee Constitution prohibits the state from enacting and collecting a tax on income earned within the state. (1)
L. C.... continue »
- Evans, Henry Clay
- Chattanooga businessman and politician Henry Clay Evans was born in Juniata County, Pennsylvania, to Jesse and Anna Single Evans. In 1844 his family moved to Wisconsin, where he attended public school... continue »
- Evins, Joseph Landon
- Joe L. Evins was the "Dean" of Tennessee's congressional delegation during the 1960s and 1970s. Born in 1910 in DeKalb County to James Edgar Evins and Myrtie Goodson Evins, Joe L. Evins attended ... continue »
Text copyright 1998 by the Tennessee Historical Society, Nashville, Tennessee.
Online Edition © 2002 ~ 2017, The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
Powererd by eCMS from R.Squared Communications