Marble Springs, home of John Sevier.
Designed by the firm of Marr and Holman, the Sumner County Courthouse in Gallatin was built by the Works Progress Administration.
Obion County Courthouse in Union City was designed by Marr and Hollman.
Designed by Marr and Holman and built by the Public Works Administration, the John Sevier Office Building is located in Nashville.
Mary Church Terrell.
Mary Noailles Murfree was also known by the pseudonym of "Charles Egbert Craddock."
Mary Sharp College.
Matthew Fontaine Maury.
Rippa Villa is operated as a historic site in Spring Hill. It was donated to Maury County by the Saturn Corporation who purchased the land on which the home was located.
The first major commission for the firm of McKissack and McKissack was the Carnegie Library at Fisk University, built in 1908.
Cancer Treatment at Meharry Medical School, May 1, 1941.
Meharry Medical College graduate, circa 1915.
The Gordon-Keebler building on the campus of Meharry Medical College.
Memphis Skyline, 1960s.
Memphis Cotton Exchange, 1953.
Battle of Buena Vista during the Mexican War.
In 1911 Kirksey Old Main was the first building constructed on the campus of Middle Tennessee State Normal School, now MTSU. The architecture represents the Classical Revival style.
The entrance to Milky Way Farm in Giles County.
Derthick Hall, the main academic and class room building on the campus of Milligan College in Northeast Tennessee, is named for former college president Henry J. Derthick.
East Tenessee Iron Company scrip.
Online Edition © 2002 ~ 2018, The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
Functionality and information are in compliance with guidelines established by the American Association for State and Local History for online state and regional encyclopedias.