The entrance gate to Burritt College in Spencer. Photograph by Carroll Van West.
A plaque at Buehler Hall on the University of Tennessee campus honoring Calvin Adam Buehler.
Ranger training at Camp Forrest, 1943.
Barrage balloon crew at Camp Tyson during World War II.
A historical marker for the WWII barrage balloon training center at Camp Tyson in Henry County.
The William C. Houston House in Cannon County.
This cantilevered barn was moved to the Museum of Appalachia from Sevier County.
The Murfreesboro State Capital Monument.
Estes Kefauver (right) with President John F. Kennedy, Governor Frank Clement, and Senator Albert Gore, Sr., 1963.
Working on production line at Textron Aerostructures.
Built by Randal McGavock in the 1820s, Carnton Plantation served as a Confederate field hospital during the Civil War. It is operated as a historic site today.
The McGavock Confederate Cemetery adjacent to the Carnton Plantation in Franklin.
The Carter House in Franklin.
Jackson Cave at the Cedars of Lebanon State Park in Wilson County.
Center for Historic Preservation Projects Coordinator, Caneta Hankins, and Tennessee Department of Agriculture Employee, Dot Curtis, work on the Center s Tennessee Century Farms project at the Ellington Agricultural Museum in Nashville.
The Center for Historic Preservation administers Tennessee s Rural African American Church Project, which identifies and interprets significant African American rural churches. Featured here is Miles Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.
The Caffey-House in Rutherford County is a Tennessee Century Farm that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the Center for Historic Preservation.
Charles S. Johnson.
Online Edition © 2002 ~ 2021, The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
Functionality and information are in compliance with guidelines established by the American Association for State and Local History for online state and regional encyclopedias.