This organization has contributed to the following objects in the Encyclopedia.Barber & Mcmurry ArchitectsIn 1930, Barber and McMurry architects designed four buildings for the University of Tennessee including the Hoskins Library (shown here).Battle Of Island #10Located in Lake County, this marker identifies the importance of the Battle of Island #10.Beale StreetBeale Street at dusk.BeechlawnBuilt in 1853 in Columbia, TN, Beechlawn takes its name from the grove of beech trees surrounding it.Benton CountyThe United States Post Office in Camden is a Colonial Revival style structure built in 1938. It features a mural done by the Works Progress Administration as is listed on the National Register.Bethel CollegeCampbell Hall, the main administration building of Bethel College, was designed by architect A.F. Lindsey.Bledsoe CountySwafford Chapel Church was one of the earliest church buildings in Bledsoe County. Featured here are limestone covered graves in the Swafford Chapel Cemetery.Bledsoe CountyThe Bridgeman House in Pikeville was built in 1819 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Bledsoe CountyBledsoe County Courthouse in Pikeville.Bowen-Campbell HouseLocated in Goodlettesville, TN, the Bowen-Campbell House is the oldest brick house in Middle Tennessee.Bradley AcademyBradley Acacemy.Burgess Falls State Natural AreaBurgess Falls State Natural Area.Burgess Falls State Natural AreaBurgess Falls Dam.Burritt CollegeThis gate at the main entrance to Burritt College was built by the students.Cantilever BarnsThis cantilevered barn was moved to the Museum of Appalachia from Sevier County.Carnton PlantationBuilt by Randal McGavock in the 1820s, Carnton Plantation served as a Confederate field hospital during the Civil War. It is operated as a historic site today.Center For Historic PreservationCenter for Historic Preservation Projects Coordinator, Caneta Hankins, and Tennessee Department of Agriculture Employee, Dot Curtis, work on the Center s Tennessee Century Farms project at the Ellington Agricultural Museum in Nashville.Center For Historic PreservationThe Center for Historic Preservation administers Tennessee s Rural African American Church Project, which identifies and interprets significant African American rural churches. Featured here is Miles Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church.Center For Historic PreservationThe Caffey-House in Rutherford County is a Tennessee Century Farm that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the Center for Historic Preservation.Cheatham CountyThe Cheatham County Courthouse was built in 1914 in Ashland City and designed by architect R.E. Turbeville.Chester CountyChester County Courthouse in Henderson.Chester CountyMilan-Sitlea on the campus of Freed-Hardeman University in Henderson.Chester CountyOld community strip facing the train depot in Henderson.Chester InnIn 1969, the Chester Inn was listed as part of the Jonesborough Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.Chucalissa VillageChucalissa village, a reconstructed site located within T.O. Fuller State Park in Memphis, portrays the village as it would have appeared in A.D. 1400. This work area reflects the lifestyle of the Mississippian culture that inhabited the area.Church Of God In Christ (COGIC)Founded by Bishop Charles Mason, the Temple Church of God in Christ, is known as the Mother Temple, in Memphis. From 1936-1945, the National Convocation of the Church of God in Christ was held at this church.Clay CountyClay County Courthouse in Celina.Clay CountyRosenwald School in the Free Hill Community north of Celina. This school is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Cocke CountyCocke County Courthouse, Newport.Cocke CountyCocke County Courthouse Interior, Newport.Cocke CountySouthern Railroad Depot at Newport.CornA corn field along Duck River in Humphreys County, 1986.CragfontBuilt of native limestone quarried near the house site, Cragfont in Castalian Springs is owned by the State of Tennessee, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is open to the public as a historic site.Crockett CountyBuilt in 1874, the Crockett County Courthouse is located in Alamo.Crockett CountyColumbus H. Conley established the Bank of Alamo in 1914. This building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Davies ManorDavies Manor is the oldest extant dwelling in Shelby County.Decatur CountyDecatur County Courthouse at Decaturville.Decatur CountyDecaturville Square in Decatur County.Ducktown Basin MuseumNow the Ducktown Basin Museum which interprets the activities of Burra Burra Copper Mine, this building formerly was used as the mine headquarters.Ducktown Basin MuseumA reproduction of the Hiwasee Smelter Stack is located in the area interpreted by the Ducktown Basin Museum.Embreeville MinesThe Embreeville Town Company was formed to develop a town of 30,000 inhabitants for the Embreeville Land, Iron, and Railway Company. This is one of the homes built.Embreeville MinesMethodist Church in Embreeville.Fairvue PlantationOverseer s house at the Fairvue Plantation in Sumner County.Fairvue PlantationSlave quarter s at Fairvue Plantation in Sumner County.Fort James WhiteJames White Fort in Knoxville.Free HillFree Hill s historic Rosenwald school is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.GracelandThe meditation gardens at Graceland.Hamilton PlaceHamilton Place.Hancock CountyBuilt in 1931, the Colonial Revival style Hancock County Courthouse in Sneedville was designed by Architect Allen N. Dryden.Hancock CountyHancock Central Elementary School in Sneedville.Hancock CountyThis building is a former jail for Sneedville. Constructed in 1860, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Hardwick Stove CompanyOne of the Hardwick Stove Company s factories in Cleveland.Henderson CountyHenderson County Courthouse in Lexington.Henderson CountyUnited States Post Office in Lexington.Henderson CountyNatchez Trace State Park Shelter in Henderson County.Hermitage HotelConstructed between 1908 and 1910, the Hermitage Hotel is located at 6th and Union in downtown Nashville.Hermitage HotelAn interior view of the hotel lobby.Hunt-Phelan HouseHunt-Phelan House.James CountyLocated in Ooltewah, the former James County Courthouse is listed on the National Register.Johnson CountyBuilt in 1958, the Johnson County courthouse is located in Mountain City.Johnson CountyFirst United Methodist Church on North Church Street in Mountain City.Johnson CountyNorth Church Street in Mountain City.King CollegeKing College, Bristol, TN.Knoxville CollegeMcKee Hall on the campus of Knoxville College.Lane CollegeConstructed in 1905, the Bray Administration building is part of a National Register Historic District at Lane College.Lenoir Cotton MillPlaced on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, the cotton mill building burned in 1991. In 1996, the Lenoir Cotton Mill Association approved a plan to protect the site and preserve the ruins of the building.Lincoln CountyA Colonial Revival style building, the present Lincoln County Courthouse was built in 1970.Long IslandLong Island was located on the Holston River. The Boatyard was the head of navigation on the Holston. It was an important commercial port and the point of departure for travelers and emigrants.Long IslandThe Boatyard Historic District near the Holston River.Marathon Motor WorksThe Marathon Motor Works factory in north Nashville.Marr And Holman Architectural FirmDesigned by the firm of Marr and Holman, the Sumner County Courthouse in Gallatin was built by the Works Progress Administration.Marr And Holman Architectural FirmObion County Courthouse in Union City was designed by Marr and Hollman.Marr And Holman Architectural FirmDesigned by Marr and Holman and built by the Public Works Administration, the John Sevier Office Building is located in Nashville.Maury CountyRippa Villa is operated as a historic site in Spring Hill. It was donated to Maury County by the Saturn Corporation who purchased the land on which the home was located.Meharry Medical CollegeThe Gordon-Keebler building on the campus of Meharry Medical College.Milky Way FarmThe entrance to Milky Way Farm in Giles County.Nancy WardA monument was erected by the Nancy Ward Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution at her gravesite in Polk County.Nashville (Metropolitan Nashville/ Davidson County)Mount Olivet Cemetery.Natchez TraceThe Natchez Trace in Williamson County.National CampgroundConstructed in 1874, the open-shed tabernacle at the National Campground in Loudon County is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.National CampgroundInterior view of open-shed tabernacle at the National Campground in Loudon County.National CemeteriesFort Donelson National Cemetery in Dover, TN, is maintained by the National Park Service.Norris Dam State ParkCabin Road at Norris Dam State Park.Norris Dam State ParkThe Tearoom Lodge was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps at Norris Dam State Park in Anderson County.Norris Dam State ParkThe Lenoir Museum at Norris Dam State Park.Norris FreewayAs a component of TVA s first hydroelectric project, Norris Freeway was built to transport materials to the Norris Dam project as well as provide better access between Norris and the administrative offices of TVA in Knoxville.Opry House And Opryland HotelOpening in 1972, the Opryland theme park was a popular destination in Nashville until its closing by Gaylord Enterprises in 1997.Opry House And Opryland HotelThe Hangman at Opryland Theme Park.Opry House And Opryland HotelVince Gill and friends on the Opry House stage.Peabody HotelThe Peabody Hotel at 149 Union in Memphis.Port Royal State Historic AreaThe reconstructed wooden covered bridge at Port Royal State Historic Area in Clarksville.Ramsey HouseRamsey House, Knoxville.Rattle And SnapRattle and Snap, Maury County.Reelfoot Lake State Resort ParkReelfoot Lake.Rhea CountyBuilt in 1892, the Rhea County Courthouse was the site of the famous Scopes trial and is today a National Historic Landmark.RoganaView of Hugh Rogan s stone cottage (ca. 1800), with an 1825 brick house in background.Shelby CountyShelby County Courthouse.Sparta Rock HouseSparta Rock House in White County.St. Andrew's-Sewanee SchoolThe St. Andrews-Sewanee School.St. John's Episcopal ChurchSt. John s Episcopal Church, Maury County.St. John's Episcopal ChurchSt. Paul s Episcopal Church is the state s oldest Episcopal church.Tennessee Century FarmsThe Stewart Century Farm in Meigs County was purchased by John and Lettie Tillory Stewart in 1825. In addition to farming, the Stewarts operated a commercial distillery and Stewart s Landing on the Tennessee River. It also served as a community center for the county s citizens.Tennessee Century FarmsJames Jones Kelly purchased 320 acres in Bledsoe County and established the Kelly Farm. Serving for many years as both a homestead and a rural community center, the Kelly farm grew to almost 1000 acres.Washington CountyWashington County Courthouse.William EdmondsonThe statues by William Edmondson at the McClung Museum at the University of Tennessee.William Prentice Cooper Jr.The gravesite in Jenkins Chapel Cemetery of Prentice W. Cooper and his wife Argentine, parents of former Governor Prentice Cooper, Jr.